Create A Thinking Classroom
Welcome to Keep ‘em Thinking!
I am Susan Morrow, and I am passionate about student engagement and teaching kids how to think.
That's where I come in!
I help overwhelmed teachers just like you create engaging classrooms full of critical thinkers.
My goal in creating this speck in cyberspace is to provide you with tips, strategies, and resources to:
I will show you simple, actionable ways to keep your students challenged, engaged, and thinking and still have a personal life.
Are you ready to begin your journey toward a Thinking Classroom?
My Core Beliefs About Teaching and Learning:
• Emotions drive attention, and attention drives learning and memory
• All students are capable of learning at higher levels
• Knowing your students well is key
• Learning should be fun
• You don’t have to put on a dog and pony show to keep your students engaged
A little more about me
- I have retired after 41 years in education (38 were in gifted education).
- The two greatest accomplishments of my teaching career are receiving the Lifetime Achievement Award in Gifted Education for Alabama and receiving my National Board Certification as a Middle Childhood Generalist
- I love learning new things and get super excited about learning a new teaching strategy or starting a new project.
- I am not happy unless I have a project or am creating something – I’ve been that way since I was a kid.
- I prefer to read children’s picture books and nonfiction
- I love the ocean and used to scuba dive – my favorite dives were with gray reef sharks and dolphins.